Calm before the Storm
Sorry to any readers for the lack of new content! I’ve had a lot on recently and have let my blogging, tweeting and general web presence slip a bit…
I’m a day away from a week long break, after which I hope to achieve a long list of things. These include:
- Writing some posts about useful things I’ve found and learnt.
- Re-building my freelance site using WordPress for the back-end.
- Getting up-to-date with admin.
- Getting approval on an improved website (previously mentioned).
- Contacting existing clients.
- Following up leads.
- Investigate post-grad certificate.
Until then, I’ll leave you with an encounter I had this morning:
A kid in a hoodie mumbled something to be on my way from the bus stop… I stopped, looked at him, and raised my eyebrows to signal he should repeat…
“Can you buy me a cigar please?” said he.
“Sorry?” Said I, looking puzzled – I must have misheard…
“Will you buy a cigar for me..?” he said, louder, using the pound coin in his hand to gesture toward the newsagent next to the bus stop.
Continuing my puzzled look, I simply replied “No…”, walked off, looked back still puzzled, and then headed to work.
A cigar… Whatever next?!